How and When Qualex-Landmark™ Collects Personal Information
Qualex-Landmark™ generally collects personal information directly from the individuals on a voluntary basis through registration forms, surveys, contest entry forms, service requests, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and offline. This personal information may include contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number), demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
Use of Personal Information by Qualex-Landmark™
Set out below are certain circumstances where Qualex-Landmark may use your personal information without obtaining your further consent. These are:
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address to provide information about Qualex-Landmark™ when you request that information;
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so that Qualex-Landmark™ can identify you and communicate with you in connection with our operations;
- using customer and/or supplier relationship information such as your service requests, instructions, comments and feed back to assist us in delivering products and services in accordance with your wishes;
- to provide information regarding our products and services as well as special offers that Qualex-Landmark™ believes you may be interested in;
- using personal information for the purpose for which it was provided and certain other activities that are reasonably ancillary to that purpose. For example, if you ask us questions about one of our products or services, we may store the related communications for future reference and we may send you additional information if the information we originally provided to you has changed;
- to conduct, process and complete transactions with you;
- to further develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers; and
- as otherwise in compliance with your consents.
Qualex-Landmark™ may, from time to time, contact you by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of Personal Information by Qualex-Landmark™
Set out below are certain circumstances where Qualex-Landmark™ may disclose your personal information without obtaining your further consent. These are:
- as otherwise in compliance with your consents.
Other Collection, Use and Disclosure
As well, privacy legislation permits or requires the collection, use and disclosure of personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual in some specific and limited circumstances. Qualex-Landmark™ reserves the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information in these limited circumstances without your knowledge or consent. As well, Qualex-Landmark™ may collect, use and disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent when that personal information is relevant to an actual or potential legal proceeding or when Qualex-Landmark™ is required or permitted to do so by court order, applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Generally, unless otherwise permitted or required by law, Qualex-Landmark™ will obtain your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. This consent may be explicit or implied and the consent may be given orally or in writing, depending on the circumstances. In particular, if the use and/or disclosure of your personal information would be fairly apparent at the time of collection Qualex-Landmark™ will not obtain your explicit consent to that use and/or disclosure. Your consent will be implied.
In the event a new need arises for the use or disclosure of previously collected personal information, Qualex-Landmark™ is generally required to obtain a new consent for the new use or disclosure prior to commencing that use or disclosure.
Qualex-Landmark™ requires your personal information in order to provide certain products and services to you. You always have the choice of whether or not you wish to supply Qualex-Landmark™ with personal information. If you decide not to provide Qualex-Landmark™ with your personal information Qualex-Landmark™ may not be able to provide certain of its products and services to you, including, without limitation, certain informational and promotional materials and you may be prevented from purchasing a Qualex-Landmark™ product.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time on reasonable notice, subject to pre-existing legal and contractual obligations, by contacting our Privacy Officer as set out below. However, if you withdraw certain consents, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of Qualex-Landmark™’s services or purchase Qualex-Landmark’s products or otherwise interact with Qualex-Landmark™. For clarity, your ability to change or withdraw consent is not absolute. Qualex-Landmark™ reserves the right to continue handling your personal information in those circumstances required or permitted by law despite a change or withdrawal of consent.
Retention of Personal Information by Qualex-Landmark™
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Non-Identifiable Information
Qualex-Landmark™ collects and uses non-identifiable information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows Qualex-Landmark™ to improve the quality of visits of websites managed, by streamlining visitors’ ability to navigate these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
Qualex-Landmark™ also uses the aggregate non-identifiable information collected, to be used to describe Qualex-Landmark™’s products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
A technology called cookies may be used on certain pages of our website. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so the website can recognize you when you return. Cookies allow us to provide you with tailored information and to provide services to you via the Internet. If your browser permits, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies altogether. (See the documentation provided with your Internet browser for more information on cookies and how to disable them.) If you disable or reject cookies: (i) your experience at the website will not be tailored, (ii) certain services at the website may not be available to you, and (iii) you may be required to input the same information each time you visit the website.
Websites Operated by Third Parties
Safeguarding Personal Information
Accuracy and Completeness
When Qualex-Landmark™ collects, uses or discloses personal information, Qualex-Landmark™ will make a reasonable effort to ensure that it is accurate, up to date and complete. To do so, Qualex-Landmark™ may need to request additional information from you or have you verify your information. If your personal information does change, Qualex-Landmark™ would appreciate it if you could inform us of those changes in order that your personal information in our possession remains accurate.
Requests for Access to Personal Information
On your written request Qualex-Landmark™ will provide you with:
- access to your personal information (if any) under our custody or control;
- information about the purposes for which your personal information under our custody or control has been and is being used by us; and
- the names of persons to whom, and the circumstances in which, your personal information has been and is being disclosed by us.
All requests may be subject to reasonable fees and disbursements. Where appropriate to do so, Qualex-Landmark™ may require advance payment of a deposit or the entire costs of responding to a request for access to personal information. As well, all requests must be in writing and signed by you. Qualex-Landmark™ will also require sufficient information and detail from you in order to verify your identity, to properly locate the information and provide a response.
Your ability to access your personal information is not absolute. Qualex-Landmark™ reserves all rights to not provide access to personal information in those circumstances permitted by law.
Requests for Correction of Personal Information
Qualex-Landmark™ will correct errors or omissions in your personal information where that information is in our custody or control. Qualex-Landmark™ requires that all such requests be in writing and signed by you. Qualex-Landmark™ may require sufficient information and detail from you in order to verify your identity, properly locate the information and provide a response. If you make such a request, Qualex-Landmark™ will either:
- correct the personal information and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any third party to whom Qualex-Landmark™ disclosed the incorrect information; or
- decide not to correct the personal information but Qualex-Landmark™ will annotate the personal information that a correction was requested but not made.
Corrections or amendments will rarely, if ever, be made to opinions, including expert or professional opinions, as opposed to factual information, which may be corrected if in error.
Contacting or Communicating With Us
- have any questions with respect to our privacy policies or practices;
- have any questions with respect to our handling of your personal information;
- wish to request access to or correction of your personal information under our care or control; or
- are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal information or any response Qualex-Landmark™ may have given,
please contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Qualex-Landmark™ Group of Companies
610-1111 Melville Street
Attention: Privacy Officer